Dan Norris from inform.ly joins us to give us some insight into building a blog that will have your readers return over and over again.
Dan recently won the Top Blogger People’s Choice Award presented by ‘Smarter Business Ideas’ so I thought it’d be great to chat about what he does and how he’s managed to connect with his audience.
Blogging is still a hot topic for businesses;
- Should we blog?
- Who in the company should blog?
- What should we blog about?
- Is it going to make a difference if we blog?
We ask Dan a lot of questions about blogging (a term he hates). Here’s a short hit-list of our hard hitting questions we lumped on Dan during the episode;
- First, why do you blog and why should others consider blogging?
- If someone was just starting out, what would be your best piece of advice?
- How important is SEO to a successful blogging strategy?
- How long did it take you to really ‘find your voice’
- Is blogging on it’s own too 1 dimensional? Is there a trend moving towards augmenting a blog with Video and Audio?
- Guest blogging seems to be one of the popular ways of sharing your ideas. Certainly, you’re known in many blogging circles. How important is that as a strategy?
- How important is it for you to capture readers email addresses and what methods are you currently using to do that?
- There seems to be a trend with bloggers becoming more transparent. Is this something you’re seeing and is that a result of the Internet audience wanting more authenticity?
Here’s Dans latest and most shared content – an interactive infographic – to see this in full action click on the image below;
Courtesy of: Informly
Blog Post: Look at Me – Yellow Pages